Hope Street Brewing

While attending Johnson & Wales University, we were assigned a project to create beverage packaging for a fictional company of our choice that we would be responsible for branding. The idea for this project spawned from my roommate who was brewing some beer at the time. We were living on Hope Street so I thought it would be fitting to name the company after that.

Print Design

There’s nothing I love more than a good challenge, and this particular project was certainly riddled with challenges.¬†At the time I was fairly inexperienced with print design because I was focusing much more on web development and screen design at school, so this project took me out of my design comfort zone. Most of my previous print work used mostly black and white, and sans-serif typefaces, so for this project I challenged myself to use a script and serif typeface, as well as no black or white in the design. Something else I didn’t have much experience with, up to this point, was building physical prototypes. So putting together the packaging was a lot of fun and a great learning experience.

App Design

One of the requirements for this project was to create some collateral to help advertise our product. In the project brief we were given some examples of acceptable collateral which were mostly in print mediums that I have done before. I decided to go a different route and design an app, which is something I had never done before. The purpose of the app was to be a rewards program for the brewing company. Each case of beer would have a QR code on it that you would be able to scan with the app to collect points. I thought the rewards program would be a great way to encourage people to keep buying that brand of beer.

Client

Fictional

Skills Used

App Design
Brand Identity
Print Design